1. Conduct an audit of the following safety management system elements at your organization, or an organization with which you are familiar and have access to the required information:
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ELEMENTS
ANSI/AIHA Z10 SECTIONS
COURSE TEXTBOOK CHAPTERS
1. Occupational Health and Safety Management System
2. Occupational Health and Safety Policy
3. Responsibility and Authority
4. Employee Participation
5. Review Process, Assessment, and Prioritization
6. Risk Assessment
7. Hierarchy of Controls
8. Design Review
9. Management of Change
11. Monitoring and Measurement
12. Incident Investigation
14. Corrective and Preventive Actions
15. Feedback to the Planning Process
16. Management Review
Below you will find some suggested sources for the objective evidence to support your evaluation: BOS 3651, Total Environmental Health and Safety Management 4
Documents: Organizational safety manuals and instructions, safe operating procedures, and job hazard analyses
Records: E-mails or letters from management to employees, safety meeting minutes, mishap logs, audit reports, OSHA citations, inspection reports, risk assessments, and training records.
Interviews: Management personnel, supervisors, and employees
Observation: Walk through some workplaces to observe conditions for yourself.
2. For each management system element, discuss the objective evidence you found (or were unable to find). Evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s implementation of each element against available reference sources and best practice information. Use the following five-tier evaluation scheme to rate each element:
World Class: OHS performance
Strong: Conforming/complete, may have minor gaps with action plans
Moderate: Scattered non-conformances need to be addressed, positive trends/major elements in place
Significant Non-Conformances Exist: Still needs focus
Major Effort Required: Major or systemic non-conformances exist
Appropriate references include the course textbook, textbooks from other college-level courses, ANSI/AIHA Z10-2012, other published consensus standards (ANSI, ASSE, AIHA, ISO, NFPA, etc.), OSHA standards and voluntary guidelines, and articles published in professional journals. Blogs, Wikipedia, About.com, Ask.com and other unmonitored Internet resources are not considered scholarly references and should not be used. Please contact your professor if you have any questions about the appropriateness of a reference source.
3. If an element is found to be less than World Class, provide recommendations for improvement. Be sure to use appropriate scholarly reference sources to support your recommendations.
4. Conclude the audit report with a summary of the overall status of the organization’s safety management system.
About ASAP Essays
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Order Now” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Hire a tutor today CLICK HERE to make your first order